Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman spent 38 minutes on a conference call with the media this afternoon. Overall it was a good time. Jeff and Joel started out by sincerely thanking all the fans, saying "if it weren't for you we wouldn't be coming back." The following is an outline of the contents of the call:
- Nimoy's response to being asked to return in Season 3: "He said, 'I'm in. What do you need me to do?'"
- The Season Three Finale: Jeff Pinkner hopes it will be "wholly unexpected." He hopes fans will see everything that has happened so far from a different perspective. And Jeff confirmed we will see a character we love die, but there will not be the introduction of a third world. "We still have plenty of story to tell in just those two worlds." A caller asked if they thought fans would be mad at a character's death, and Jeff said they need to realize "We're driving. They need to trust us."
- Regarding a hint about tomorrow's new episode, 'Lysergic Acid Dyethylamine': "William is present, and in a way that gives new meaning to 'alternate reality.' But it's very much Leonard Nimoy."
- Regarding whether there will be Easter eggs in the next four episodes:"There will be things like that all throughout, but if we told you what they were, they wouldn't be Easter eggs."
- Regarding whether Season 4 will be going back and forth between universes:"It's not going to end. It's part of the language of the series."
- Regarding whether they have storylines yet for Season 4:"We are always percolating ideas for Season 4, but we're still working on Season 3(editing the finale). But we haven't formally sat down to talk stories yet."
- Regarding cast members singing on the album "Seven Suns" by Vinyl Sedan Chair: "No cast members sang on that album."
- Regarding only 8 have been found in the US thus far, How many are still out there?:"A couple hundred."