After weeks of being reported missing, a woman with a rare disease resurfaces in suburban Massachusetts and inexplicably causes excruciating pain and subsequent death to those she encounters. As the gruesome scene is investigated, dangerous levels of radiation are detected, and unusual circumstances surrounding the case point to illegal human drug trials and possibly something even more sinister. Meanwhile, Walter obsesses about cotton candy, Peter strikes a bargain with Nina Sharp and a startling piece of Olivia's past is revealed.The Cure links:
- Episode discussion can be found over in the Fringe Episodes section
- Screencaps and Easter Eggs are in the Fringe Screencaps section
- Screenshots of the entire episode can be found in the Fringe Gallery
- Fringepedia.net has The Cure wiki page
- Podcasts for this episode are on the Fringe Podcast network
- The Observer can be spotted exiting the doomed elevator seconds before it crashes. You can see screenshots all of his appearances here, or in this Observer mashup video.
The next new Fringe episode is Bound (#111), which will directly follow American Idol on January 20th.